This One-Way NDA only protects the confidential information of one party (the "Discloser"). A one-way NDA is also known as a "unilateral" NDA or simply "NDA."
This discloser-friendly NDA is best for situations where you are most concerned with the other party not being able to use or disclose your confidential information. This UNDA is drafted to best protect you with a broad definition of "confidential information," strict obligations on the "Recipient" not to use or disclose your confidential information, and meaningful remedies for any breach of this NDA.
One-Way NDA (discloser-friendly)
• Broad definition of "Confidential Information" protects more information, including information:
- the recipient should reasonably know to be confidential
- shared prior to the agreement
- relating to the agreement itself
- relating to the business discussions
• Obligations to keep any trade secrets confidential survives expiration of the NDA.
• Requires return or destruction of confidential information upon expiration or request by the discloser.
• Discloser can assign its rights under the NDA (e.g., in the event of an acquisition or merger)
• Neither party is obligated to enter into any transaction.