This recipient-friendly Mutual NDA is written to protect the confidential information of both parties, but it is drafted in favor of the party receiving confidential information.
This MNDA is best for situations where you are more concerned with limiting your obligations for the confidential information shared with you than you are in protecting the information you share.
Mutual NDA (recipient-friendly)
• Protects confidential information, but limits the type of information protected
• Carve-outs for information that is not confidential
• Limits your obligations
• Limits the term of your obligaitons
• Limits your potential damages
• No attorneys' fees (deters litigation)
• Disclosing party cannot assign its rights to another party